Family Law Overview
Washington Family Law
When facing a divorce or other family law dispute, there are many difficult challenges to overcome. Will you lose custody of your children? How will property be divided? Are you entitled to financial support? Family law attorney Don Morrison has the exceptional experience, litigation skills, and understanding to help.
Contact the family lawyers at our Washington law firm to discuss your individual circumstances.
Our practice areas include:
- Divorce: We guide clients through the emotional turmoil and technical procedures involved in divorce, including contested divorce, uncontested divorce, and divorce mediation.
- Parenting plans: We work with clients to negotiate and implement child custody and visitation plans that are in the best interests of the children and our clients.
- Child support: Although child support is determined according tostate guidelines, we help evaluate what variables should or should not be included in the child support income and expense formula and advocate for adjustments.
- Spousal maintenance: We pursue and challenge temporary spousal maintenance (alimony) orders during divorce proceedings.
- Property division: We assist with business valuations, pension valuation, and property appraisals to facilitate the most favorable property division in divorce.
- Modifications: We pursue and defend against requests for modification in child support and parenting plans.
- Prenuptial agreements: We help clients in need of protecting substantial assets or family businesses by creating a prenuptial agreement. Additionally, we also draft cohabitation agreements for gay and lesbian couples to ensure their wishes are respected.
- Mediation: We are able to explain the mediation process to clients, prepare clients for mediation, and review or evaluate agreements resulting from a family mediation.
- Adoption: We guide clients through family adoptions, step-parent adoptions, and gay or lesbian adoptions.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more family law information. For further assistance or for skilled representation from an experienced family law attorney,contact our Spokane office.
FREE THIRTY MINUTE CONSULTATION